Saturday, August 11, 2007

Who makes this stuff up? Scratching off Females as a reliable information tool

Female First put a smear campaign up against the lovely Jessica Alba accusing her of having herpes. I know, I previously tried to link her with 50 Cent and I got all the information possible to do so, but accusing her of having an STD? That is something severely wrong on all levels. Something so wrong, it makes me think twice about gossip blogging. I know I always have very little to no evidence to make the statements I make, but atleast I have some sort of decency and respect for privacy.

I guess I see all gossip bloggers as people from my high school. I gossiped, no doubt, but I never did it with some sort of malice, I just did it to pass the time. But some people out there are so malicious. That they even make Kanye West upset. Recently in Complex magazine, he was quoted as saying, "Man, it really takes a strong person to read the blogs, It's just no-holds-barred. So if you're feeling good about yourself and you want to feel like s—, go to the blogs."

Is that the goal of gossip bloggers, to make people feel worse about their lives? I hope I never make that my own life.

No comments: