Sunday, August 26, 2007

One Year Annivesary of the Rock and Roll Hotel

School is about to start for me in about ten hours, but I can't forget to post about my unforgettable experience at an Earl Greyhound show last night. My friend and I wanted to have one night before school starts to just have fun and enjoy ourselves.

And what's more enjoyable then going to a really bad neighborhood to a club filled with bottled blonds standing still to the music? Or better yet feeling as though you stepped back in time to join mosh pits of the 80s? Or being spit on by some fat ugly cow in The Points? Earl Greyhound is better!

Ok, I must tell you what led up to all this. First, the shuttle bus that takes kids out to this neighborhood wasn't working that early, and I'm sorta broke without a job, so I just took the bus (X17, I believe). Which really wasn't bad at all. It dropped me almost right in front of the club.

Spitting Lunatics, i.e. The Points
I got into the over 18 club with my underage friend, using a lost(or stolen) ID. We bought our tickets and headed inside, The Points were already playing, so we snuck (or I supposedly, shoved everyone aside like I hated the whole human race, whatever) up to the front and I tried to just jam and feel comfortable, drinking until I can forget I'm in a room filled with people. Suddenly, the fat guy from the Points, spits on the crowd. On a big guy too, what's the point of being a BIG GUY, if you don't do BIG GUY things, like sucka punch everyone in the face, just because you can? Ok, maybe not do that because you will probably go to jail, but I mean if he spit on your face, I don't know yell at him, I will see you backstage, just so the crowd knows you are upset. Also so the security is bumped up on him, and put him through extra annoyance.

Ok so that was the first set. During the break, the BIG GUY was checking me out. So I tried to hide behind people, because I have a boyfriend and the last thing I need is some BIG GUY who can't defend himself from spitting lunatics, i.e. members of the Points, trying to get my phone number or whatever guys try to get from hot girls like myself.

The second set came out, The Big Sleep, nothing much to write about them, I liked the chick's shirt that night, she came out later and I asked her how long she has been playing with them, she said 5 years, and I was sort of shocked. They all came out like they never saw an instrument before. I was unimpressed, but not disappointed.

Finally Earl Greyhound came on, they were awesome, I finally was able to just enjoy the music and dance really wierd, the way only hot girls can still look cool doing. At the end of the act the drummer gave me his drum sticks. I liked that, showed he had real stage presence. You can be drummer but still get attention with stuff like that.

So we left after that set, because nobody wanted to see me drunker, and I couldn't walk home in my heels, so I took them off and walked about a quarter of mile in my mis-matched stockings. I also told everyone I was going to be in a band, which I'm going to audition to a few soon.

The end.

No comments: