Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Worth 15 bucks for a ticket and some popcorn?



Lindsay Lohan's "I Know Who Killed Me"

Yes.

Why? Because she is very good stripper even without showing any nudity and certainly worth 15 bucks. The directing and writing was a joke, but the strip scenes throughout the movie were certainly worth it. As a straight woman, sitting in a movie theater alone with a business man on his lunch break and a college kid on his summer break, let me go the closest I will ever feel to sitting in a titty bar. I'm too respectable to do that, but too curious to actually totally shun the feeling of doing that.

It certainly felt like I was entering a seedy club, I even got carded by the ticket lady, asking if I was 17 and could enter a rated R movie. I never got carded for a movie in a long time, and getting carded got me thinking, this is the first rated R film that headlined Lindsay Lohan. To go to "Just my Luck" audience to "I Know Who Killed Me" type audience is a big transition that would be hard for anyone to cross, certainly uncrossable with a director, Chris Sivertson, whose first directing credit belongs to "All Cheerleaders Must Die"; and with a writer Jeff Hammond who has no credits to his name at all.

Thankfully to the film there were some well experienced producers including Frank Mancuso Jr. and Sabrina Sipantzi, who I have no doubt were influential in choosing cult favorite actors as secondary characters, including these well-known but never casted actors and actresses:

Jessica Rose, or Lonelygirl15 as she is referred to on youtube. Seeing her in the pic was a breath of fresh air. She had this horrible candor about her in the film, which is great on youtube, horrible on screen, but it was fun to see a cute well-loved cult favorite.

Garcelle Beauvais, also makes an appearance looking not quite as stunning as usual as a sensitive and skeptical FBI agent. She also appears on the cover of Playboy in August.



So all and all, I enjoyed my time at this movie, I rated it one out of five stars, but only because it was terribly bad, not because it wasn't money well spent. As a stripper I would certainly slip three fives consecutively into Miss. Lindsay Lohan's G-string.

No comments: