Wednesday, October 10, 2007

JOB stands for JUST OVER BROKE



I'm in such a good mood. What a sense of relief to realize that I don't require a J-O-B, Gawker's featured "Ask Tionna" section talked about the perils of working, with so much realization and understanding of what it is I am, and certainly everyone is going through.

"What we all have to remember is JOB stands for JUST OVER BROKE."
This has certainly been the case for me the past year. It's been awhile since I have been on a career path as Tionna calls it. I need to focus on that and just quit thinking the JOB will make my life.

I have a professor this semester, who told the class about his experience at a job interview, where the interviewer was so rude and started yelling at him, saying something about how my professor is one of those people who stole his job. So my professor quietly packed his things, and the interviewer said, "I'm not done interviewing you!" My professor responded methodically, "You are done."

Then my professor left the office with dignity in tact. This and what Tionna mentioned in her feature are really true revelations on how I want to position myself in the workforce. I realize that although a job is hard to come by at times, there are tons of jobs out there to find.

Also I have to be more particular, I need to go back to the idea of career path, rather then JOB.

No comments: